------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1A393.3CEBF060

sugeknight wrote 'But heres my theory: The DOTT [deception of the =
thrush] is the belief that a person can find happiness in this life.'

I read it only slightly differently, but a spot more ?optimistically, =
that the pursuit of happiness is futile, whether through memory or as a =
future goal.  Kant was not the first to observe 'that the more a =
cultivated reason concerns itself with the aim of enjoying life and =
happiness, the farther does man get away from true contentment.'  I =
think contentment is something one can strive for, and happiness can =
happen when you aren't looking.  If you really want to suffer, let love =
seize you.

cheers,
Fran

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1A393.3CEBF060

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>sugeknight wrote 'But heres my theory: =
The DOTT=20
[deception of the thrush] is the belief that a person can find happiness =
in this=20
life.'</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I&nbsp;read it only slightly =
differently, but a=20
spot more ?optimistically, that the pursuit of happiness is futile, =
whether=20
through memory or as a future goal.&nbsp; Kant was not the first to=20
observe&nbsp;'that the more a cultivated reason concerns itself with the =
aim of=20
enjoying life and happiness, the farther does man get away from true=20
contentment.'&nbsp; I think contentment <U>is</U> something one can =
strive for,=20
and&nbsp;happiness can happen when you aren't looking.</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT =

face=3DArial size=3D2> If you really want to suffer, let love seize=20
you.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>cheers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Fran</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1A393.3CEBF060--