	Rick--
Since I was first to use "elegy," I would like to defend it.  An elegy
is not necessarily laudatory of the deceased.  It is simply a poem in a
sombre mood mourning the death of someone.  I think "threnody" is a
synonym.  "Monody" is possible, but the variety of voices E. uses is a
bit dissonant with the "mono" part of the word.  The first definition in
the AHD is "An ode for one voice or actor, as in Greek drama."
	--JP