Rick Seddon wrote:

> Nancy pointed to the "Lil and Al" scene in TWL as possibly war poetry.
> I would respectfully disagree.  Al's pending demobilization is merely
> a fact in the history of these people.  It is a reason for his absence
> and loss of supervision over the money he mailed Lil.  Al could as
> easily have been serving hard time in the Lockup or been a merchant
> sailor in peaceful times.

I'm too lazy to submit anything really good right now but I have a
hankering to send something in so here goes ...

While I suppose Nancy is right that the Lil and Albert section *could*
be considered war poetry I'm throwing my support to Rick's proposition
(it's not worth much though Rick).

Regards,
    Rick Parker