I am rather puzzled about why this scholarship is seen as incompetent, but
the claims about how much Tom was a victim are always assumed to be
accurate, though in all I've read they are no more certain and based in no
different kind of "facts" than the opposite.   It is, in both cases, research on
what friends and acquaintances said and wrote and who knew whom and
reported what (like all history).  On exactly what objective knowledge is this
contrast based?

And it is also puzzling to me to see the opposing of poetry and sexuality
when the poems are full of the sexuality.  Is, say, "The Love Song of San
Sebastion" even readable without focusing on sexuality?
Nancy