  From: Gunnar Jauch=20
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 5:50 PM
  Subject: Re: Bad manners

  am 09.01.2002 3:07 Uhr schrieb Richard Seddon unter [log in to unmask]:

  The list certainly is an "in group" but it is not an exclusive "in =
group".  Anyone can become a member of the "in group" they merely have =
to post on a somewhat regular basis.  They then learn that Kate has red =
hair and a dog named red and that I have sheep (white) am long winded.  =
That Marcia has an irritating habit of not letting people get away with =
generalizations.  That Rick Parker can find out something about anything =
using the web and seemingly do it at the byte of a blink. That Nancy and =
Pat can have some real intense arguments.  That Gunnar and Tom like each =
other and know T. S. Eliot extremely well.  That Steve and Rick P are =
both convinced that TSE was gay (just joking, just joking).

  Dear Rick,=20

  here's a funny Tom K offline remark (hope you don't mind my making it =
public, old chap):

  Something Rick Seddon wrote caught my eye:

  <<That Gunnar and Tom like each other and know T. S. Eliot extremely =
well.=20
  That Steve and Rick P are both convinced that TSE was gay (just =
joking, just joking).>>

  I appreciate Rick S's kudos.  I wonder, though, if this juxtaposition =
might drag us into an analysis by Rick P's great-grandson, in his thesis =
on "Sexual Orientation of TS Eliot List Members at the Turn of the Last =
Century."
  If he's content with evidence such as appears in "Painted Shadow," he =
could create a tale that  would shock our wives in their dottering, =
aged-140+ retirements.

  What a sneaky way to point out that we're married, eh?
  It don't mean a thing!
  Remember what  Woody Allen said about the merits of being bisexual: =
You double your chances for a date on Saturday night.

  Cheers,

  Gunnar

------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C1994A.C82FF3E0

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Re: Bad manners</TITLE>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffe0b8>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Agreed, married means nothing.&nbsp; =
Just thought=20
it might slight my wife not to include her in this context; humor on the =
'net is=20
always a dicey&nbsp;proposition.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tom K</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A [log in to unmask] =
href=3D"mailto:[log in to unmask]">Gunnar=20
  Jauch</A> </DIV>
  href=3D"mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, January 09, =
2002 5:50=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: Bad manners</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>am 09.01.2002 3:07 Uhr schrieb Richard Seddon unter <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>:<BR><BR><FONT =
size=3D2>The list=20
  certainly is an "in group" but it is not an exclusive "in group". =
&nbsp;Anyone=20
  can become a member of the "in group" they merely have to post on a =
somewhat=20
  regular basis. &nbsp;They then learn that Kate has red hair and a dog =
named=20
  red and that I have sheep (white) am long winded. &nbsp;That Marcia =
has an=20
  irritating habit of not letting people get away with generalizations.=20
  &nbsp;That Rick Parker can find out something about anything using the =
web and=20
  seemingly do it at the byte of a blink. That Nancy and Pat can have =
some real=20
  intense arguments. &nbsp;That Gunnar and Tom like each other and know =
T. S.=20
  Eliot extremely well. &nbsp;That Steve and Rick P are both convinced =
that TSE=20
  was gay (just joking, just joking).<BR></FONT><BR>Dear Rick, =
<BR><BR>here's a=20
  funny Tom K offline remark (hope you don't mind my making it public, =
old=20
  chap):<BR><BR><TT>Something Rick Seddon wrote caught my=20
  eye:<BR><BR>&lt;&lt;That Gunnar and Tom like each other and know T. S. =
Eliot=20
  extremely well. <BR>That Steve and Rick P are both convinced that TSE =
was gay=20
  (just joking, just joking).&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>I appreciate Rick S's =
kudos.=20
  &nbsp;I wonder, though, if this juxtaposition might drag us into an =
analysis=20
  by Rick P's great-grandson, in his thesis on "Sexual Orientation of TS =
Eliot=20
  List Members at the Turn of the Last Century."<BR>If he's content with =

  evidence such as appears in "Painted Shadow," he could create a tale =
that=20
  &nbsp;would shock our wives in their dottering, aged-140+=20
  retirements.<BR><BR><BR></TT>What a sneaky way to point out that we're =

  married, eh?<BR>It don't mean a thing!<BR>Remember what &nbsp;Woody =
Allen said=20
  about the merits of being bisexual: You double your chances for a date =
on=20
  Saturday=20
night.<BR><TT><BR></TT>Cheers,<BR><BR><BR>Gunnar<TT><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></TT=