Some factual problems with this view of Eliot on war:  he tried to enlist in
WWI twice and was disqualified due to tachycardia and an old hernia (see
Gordon, for example); he was an air raid warden in WWII, and the "familiar
compound ghost" section of "Little Gidding" is specifically about the blitz
and his work watching on housetops.

Moreover, I have to disagree with the reading of the Lil section:  it matters
very much that he has just been demobbed.  The crass narrator, says
"poor Albert/ He's been in the army four years, he wants a good time. . . ."
I assume if we take any other of Eliot's words as chosen and for a reason,
we need to at least consider that the war is mentioned for some reason or
at least it was important at some level to him.  Moreover, the lilacs in the
opening section of TWL have been associated with Eliot's  image of
Verdenal bearing "a branch of lilac," and Verdenal died in the war.  The
opening scenes are in Germany.  I'm not saying this all means a lot, but
Eliot was clearly very aware of the war, and  he was not an "objector" but a
rejected enlistee and later a firewatcher.  If there is any textual evidence
that he was glad to be rejected, I am interested in knowing of it.
Nancy