Hi Nancy and Hi List,
  I couldn't help getting in on this one since I am almost finished writing my
introduction for Nancy and my edition on Eliot and gender, sexuality, desire.
For what it's worth, none of the essays in the sections on  "homoeroticism"
(3) "desire"  or "the feminine" are concerned with whether Eliot was gay or
not, but use new critical tools to trace the circulation of desires--
homoerotic, "feminine," violent, "keen" in the structures of his work.
  I think one of the important ways we can urge people to return to reading
Eliot is to deemphasize the image of him as "etherized" and consumed by ironic
ennui. Looking again at the indisputable complexity, diversity and energy of
desires running through his work restores his poetry to movement, nuance,
subtlety. And yes, homoeroticism is among these desires.
Cassandra