> That Steve and Rick P are both convinced that TSE was gay (just
> joking, just joking).

I hope so, because I don't think he was (but I see where people might
think so).

On war poetry - Eliot saw poetry as a way of expressing emotion.
Because he didn't have combat experience he may not have felt right
about trying to express an emotion he did not feel.

On the (off) topic of sheep - Rick Seddon has posted before on the
joys of lambing season.  Others can get in on it too.  Here is just a
bit from http://www.heifer.org/get_involved/lambing_exp.htm

    Inspired by the traditions of ancient Ireland, the annual Women's
    Lambing Experience is held each spring at Heifer Ranch in
Perryville,
    Arkansas.  Using the miracle of birth as a conduit, this event
allows
    women to explore gender issues facing women around the globe, while
    learning more about Heifer's efforts to empower women and families
    through the gift of livestock and training.

Heifer International arranges loans of animals of all kinds to people
in third world countries.  The loan is paid back by them giving
someone else one of the offspring.  Please consider visiting
http://www.heifer.org/

Regards,
    Rick Parker