In a message dated Mon, 7 Jan 2002  1:31:06 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Jose Pereira" <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Thanx a lot, but I got it in my personal library and in several editionsSo do to my knowledge all  the other listmembers too, at least those who are active.
>
> Would love to hear your comment on the text rather than see the text once again, this time in my mailbox.
>
> Jose

What's your gripe?  That's why they make delete buttons.

I found the format change useful for myself, even though I, too, have a copy of the poem.  This led me to believe that one or more other list-members might find it useful, and that reading it that way might spark someone to comment.  This belief seemed, in my view, to justify putting others to the minimal inconvenience of deleting a few emails in the event they found them redundant.

If I've misunderstood you, and you are saying that you have an edition (or several editions) of FQ laid out this way, please provide pertinent info.  I am interested in finding a discussion that focuses on comparison of the corresponding numbered sections, which is why I cut-and-pasted it for myself and presumed to pass the product along.

While you are of course right to suggest that commentary is to be encouraged over the mere provision of text, I'm not shy about offering my thoughts when I feel I have something potentially useful to say.  I am in the process of reading the various sections in the manner suggested by my recent emails, and will comment (as I've said) when and if any insights occur.  If they don't occur, I will spare the list any effort to appear more thoughtful then I am.

Tom K