OK, in fact I do not think his work is at all about a sense of being
abandoned himself.  He depicts abandoned women constantly (usually first
violated or emotionally rejected):  Portrait of a Lady, La Figlia, Prelude III,
Rhapsody, Hysteria, the hysteric in Sweeney Erect, the Hyacinth girl, the
neurotic wife (patterned on Vivienne), Lil, the Thames daughters, the typist,
the girl who got "done in," the strangled lover in The Love Song of San
Sebastion, the woman in  Entretien dans un parc, the little girl in Dans le
Restaurant, the girl of  Paysage Triste, the woman in Suppressed
Complex. . . .  I omit the plays, the allusions to Dido, Queen Elizabeth,
Philomela, Procne, etc., etc., etc.

Prufrock, no doubt, expresses a feeling of being rejected, but he is not
simply Eliot though that poem can be read as at least a deep anxiety about
women.  It was originally titled "Prufrock among the Women," and clearly
they evoke anxiety and insecurity.  But it is women who are abandoned
constantly in the poems.  In which poems do you find this personal
abandonment of the poet?  That it can be argued (and has been) that Eliot
also in one sense identifies with these women is a different and more
complicated issue.   And where specifically do you find a sense of being
abandoned by god instead of abandoning god?

I said nothing at all about trying to find oneself in a lost world or about
whether that is or would be pointless, so I have no comment on that.
Nancy