--On Wednesday, September 26, 2001 1:39 AM -0400 Nancy Gish
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Whether it was a very effective method is  another matter; it depends on
> the results one wants.  I would think the  sources of the emotional
> stress are not so much removed as deeply  suppressed.
> Nancy

 Nancy,

  My impression from admittedly random reading is that whether any method
is effective is another matter. I don't know whether "removing" the sources
of emotional stress is accomplished by any form of psychiatry or
psychoanalysis, but I wonder whether, in the instance here, declaring his
religion didn't do something like that for TSE. To at least some degree,
confessing is confessing.

 Ken Armstrong