--part1_15a.11da321.28d8cbd8_boundary

In a message dated 9/18/01 10:55:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>   I've got the book in front of me, but thanks. I can scan the photo but
> it's already been screened for printing and has very low resolution. Its
> quality shines through nonetheless. Scanning is a last resort, though my
> search has run on so long, perhaps that's the resort I've arrived at

Look under the photo or in the credits to see where the photo came from.
Those are the people to contact if you want an actual photograph--they have
the negative. If it's an institution, write to their rights and reproductions
dept. Be prepared to explain what you want to do with the photo. If it's for
study purposes, the cost prob. won't be more than a few dollars as th cost of
making a print.  If for commercial purposes, the charge will be more.

pat

--part1_15a.11da321.28d8cbd8_boundary