In a message dated 9/18/01 8:27:58 AM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

> For years, literally, I've been trying to track down a particular
>  photograph of TSE. It appears as the frontispiece in T.S. ELIOT; A STUDY OF
>  HIS WRITING BY SEVERAL HANDS, edited by B.Rajan and
> published originally in
>  1947 by Dennis Dobson, Ltd. in London.

I'm not sure if you are trying to find a high-resolution copy of the book
photo or if it would be good enough to find a copy of the book itself and
then digitally scan in the photo from the book over. If you want a copy of
hat book, the Internet used book stores are the place to go. For example,
www.abe.com ("advanced book exchange") has 36 copies of the book ranging in
price from about $6 to $30 depending on the book condition.

Try:  www.abe.com
Author:  rajan
Title:      T. S. Eliot: A Study of his writings

Here's two of the 36 copies that they identified:
------------------------
(Eliot) Rajan, B. T. S. Eliot: A Study of His Writings by Several Hands
London: Funk and Wagnalls, 1948 Good. Binding stained, endpapers lightly
stained, corners slightly bumped. Book # 006149Price: US$ 5.95 convert
currency Homepage of Iliad Bookshop, CA, U.S.A.

Iliad Bookshop, 4820 Vineland Avenue, North Hollywood, CA, U.S.A.,
91601.
Phone: (818)509-2665. Fax: (818)509-8879. Email: [log in to unmask]

Rajan, B., ed. (T. S. Eliot) T. S. Eliot: A Study of his Writings by
Several Hands New York Funk & Wagnals 1948 1st ed. Very nice copy. Fine
/ no jacket. Book # 664Price: US$ 18.00 convert currency Homepage of
John Quinn, Bookseller, NV, U.S.A.

John Quinn, Bookseller, Boulder City, NV, U.S.A., 89006. Email:

-- Steve --