when time of crisis hits, one's mind does not always think in rational
terms. after thinking about the so-called "prophecy" a little more, i find
that it is too ambiguous to fit just one event. the emails here have
helped, as has my talking to other people. i apologize for bringing the topic
up; i just wanted to see what other people thought. apparently, some people
don't get scared when things like this happen, and are calm cool and collected.
sadly, i'm not one of those people. i do not believe that responding in a
very human way to a catastrophe and the events, political or otherwise,
surrounding that catastrophe make me (or anyone else on this list or
otherwise) a "depraved idiot." i can't wait until this all passes and we
can start talking about eliot again, and insult each other about things
that "really" matter.