I can only reply with the general observation that being a 'respected
attorney in Great Britain' says nothing about whether or not Julius should
be respected as a scholar or scientist. And if you realise what an attorney
fundamentally is - an amplifier of an ultimately subjective point of view -
you could easily argue the opposite. As by now thousands of modern day
Socrati (don't know the Greek plural) have pointed out, a very thin and
unclear line separates serving justice from preventing justice.

You'd almost suspect that if an attorney hasn't been trained to do one
thing, it is arguing both sides of a story, subjectivity, and what not.
Which makes me wonder whether a succesful attorney making it to the other
side of the bench is an anachronism. ;-) Do you, as a lawyer, have any
thoughts on this? I'll try to find an opportunity to ask my lawyer
colleagues this myself, tomorrow (I'm back working at Baker & McKenzie
Amsterdam).

Yours,
Arwin