I want to thank those list members from overseas who sent in their
sympathies.  It really did make me feel better.

A special thanks goes to our own little hero, Arwin.  I don't feel
that it is within my rights to get into details but I passed on an
e-mailed request for help related to the aftermath of the bombings to
Arwin and he responded quickly and positively in a matter that was
above and beyond that which would be expected.  Thank you, Arwin.

I would like to leave this post with a caution.  There has been much
use of the word "war" recently.  It is difficult to find another word
that does justice but I would like people to be careful in how they
use it.  I'm afraid that it could easily lead terrorists to strenthen
their belief that they are justified in their actions.  I'm also
concerned that it will lead the U.S. government into inappropriate
reponses, both abroad and at home.

Regards,
   Rick Parker