i recently subscribed to this list because i love t.s.e. and i am taking
graduate seminar on "the waste land" and its main sources. this is my first
post, and i am sad, angry, and sickened to make it on this topic. like
everyone else, i am outraged and want revenge, but above all i am scared
about both what has happened and what else is going to happen, both in terms
of our actions and the actions of others. i don't know how much stock
everyone takes in prophecies and religion, but i came across something
tonight that literally made me shake with fear, as corny as that sounds.
nostrodamus made a prophecy hundreds of years ago that "two brothers" would
be "torn apart by chaos, the great fortress will stand, but the great leader
will succumb." this is, of course, his prediction about the attacks on the
WTC and Pentagon. here is a recent (as of about 11 pm on wednesday night)
headline from CNN.com : "Sources: 2 brothers among hijackers." i don't mean
to frighten anyone or start anything, but this is odd to say the least.
whatever religion you all belong to, just pray that things get better before
its too late. god bless.

-corey