Thanks for all the worldwide expressions of sympathy that flowed from this
initial posting on the TSE list.
Besides poetry, and being dubbed the Poet of Wall Street, I labor there.
For those interested, here is yet another account--prosaic--of yesterday.
Eugene Schlanger

I left the WTC at 8:15 a.m., took the E in its basement to midtown for a
meeting; thus was about 1/2 hour ahead of the first plane attack.  Then spent
the day getting out of the City.  Went home in a very roundabout way through
CT.  So far, minor injuries to company employees:  one hit by flying debris
while walking on Bway towards work; another, a lawyer, had heart
palpitations.  Not everyone accounted for.  But we keep finding people.  2
executives from abroad presumed dead:  they had an 8:30 breakfast meeting on
the 108th floor at Windows on the World.  Also, whole companies based there
may literally be gone.  I don't think there will be much upheaval:  like many
companies, we have an emergency offsite and are establishing ourselves in
diverse temporary locations.  Will be strange going back.  Our building is
the one facing the WTC:  on television the one with the fallen bridge whose
red girders still show.  Apparently part of our building went down or is
crumbling near the bridge.  Also all the windows facing the WTC were blown
out so there is a question as to the extent of the damage.
Surreal.
Poor Beloved City.