Dear Gunnar,

For those not in the US, we have been told phones will almost
never get through anywhere in the northeast.  We can all only
hope Tom is safe and his phone cannot work.  But you will be
very unlikely to reach anyone by phone, and cell phones are not
working in NY.  Streets are gridlocked, and bridges are closed.
Reporters have to go in by bicycle apparently.

It is difficult to find any speech.  I have been traumatized since I
woke to the news flash on my radio.

Thanks to you and Raphael.  It is strangely comforting just to
have it on the screen.

Nancy

On 11 Sep 2001, at 20:04, Gunnar Jauch <[log in to unmask]>