--part1_f8.f18e8ef.28c987ee_boundary

In a message dated 9/6/01 9:58:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Kate,
>
> No idea what show, but I purposely keep away from films that emanate from
> books I admire lest the 2-dimensional screen and the pervasive memory of
> the
> faces of the cast come to replace the fluid impression that the flow of
> words
> have left lingering in the mind.

I agree for the most part, although I do enjoy watching movie adaptations of
Jane Aust. works, even bad adaptations    This wasn't my point though.  My
point was that people who wouldn't ever read literary type works might watch
the movie versions, thereby gaining some benefit and knowledge.

As to the TV show I mentioned, I've been told that it has received many
critical awards, etc. in addition to being popular.  Regretfully, I found
myself watching TV again last night, Sampras and Agassi, until past midnight.
 Another superior show.

Kate

--part1_f8.f18e8ef.28c987ee_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 9/6/01 9:58:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]