------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C13516.9CDA7640

Pat:

I should have checked earlier but Myron Simon on page 74 of his "The =
Georgian Poetic" states this about Rosenberg;   "who was--while in the =
trenches in France--receiving his poetic education from Marsh".  Edward =
Marsh was one of the defining people in Georgian Poetry.  I do not have =
a copy of any of the four anthologies of Georgian poetry.  Nor does UNM. =
 I have asked a UNM professor to place them on his acquisition list.  If =
you or another lister could check to see whether Marsh included =
Rosenberg in any of his anthologies I would be grateful.  The  four =
anthologies are all entitled "Georgian Poetry" with different inclusive =
years.  They are all edited by Edward Marsh.  =20

If Rosenberg is identifiable as a Georgian this would enrich quite a bit =
any discussion of TSE's opinion of Rosenberg's poetry since it would =
include the Modernist idea of Georgian poetry in general.

Does anyone know if Spender had an opinion of Rosenberg? =20

Rick Seddon
McIntosh, NM, USA

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C13516.9CDA7640

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Pat:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I should have checked earlier but Myron Simon on =
page 74 of=20
his &quot;The Georgian Poetic&quot; states this about =
Rosenberg;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&quot;who was--while in the trenches in France--receiving his poetic =
education=20
from Marsh&quot;.&nbsp; Edward Marsh was one of the defining people in =
Georgian=20
Poetry.&nbsp; I do not have a copy of any of the four anthologies of =
Georgian=20
poetry.&nbsp; Nor does UNM.&nbsp; I have asked a UNM professor to place =
them on=20
his acquisition list.&nbsp; If you or another lister could check to see =
whether=20
Marsh included Rosenberg in any of his anthologies I would be =
grateful.&nbsp;=20
The&nbsp; four anthologies are all entitled &quot;Georgian Poetry&quot; =
with=20
different inclusive years.&nbsp; They are all edited by Edward=20
Marsh.&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If Rosenberg is identifiable as a Georgian this =
would enrich=20
quite a bit any discussion of TSE's opinion of Rosenberg's poetry since =
it would=20
include the Modernist idea of Georgian poetry in general.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Does anyone know if Spender had an opinion of =
Rosenberg?&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Rick Seddon</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>McIntosh, NM, USA</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C13516.9CDA7640--