Perhaps I don't understand the question, but I've been surprised
throughout this thread that no one has cited "Old Possum's Book of
Practical Cats" as proof that Eliot knew how to have fun, even if
some (many?) of his works explore inter- and intrapersonal alienation.

The person who could writeteh following must have experienced the
occasional (at least) belly-laugh.   (I quote from memory and
therefore with some trepidation about the accuracy):

Macavity, Macavity, it must have been Macavity
He's broken every human law-
He breaks the law of gravity!

Perhaps whether having fun and experiencing belly laughs count
towards joy is another question.  I'd suggest that joy comes largely
from the little things, like learning how to ad-dress a CAT.