--part1_123.1003faf.286e3ecf_boundary

In a message dated 6/29/01 1:17:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I have recently been studying Eliot at length and am concentrating on the
> Wasteland in particular.  A question:  What was the extent of Pound's
> influence on this work, in a technical sense, and not one of inspiration.
> Could any of the work have come directly from Pound, or did he serve the
> role
> of acting editor, simply trimming and shaping the drafts?
>
> Also, I was wondering if anyone could give me a translation of the
> dedication
> to Pound in the beginning of the poem.

il miglior fabbro means "the better craftsman"

Have your school library get you (or buy) a copy of the facsimile edition of
the draft for The Waste Land. You'll be able to see for yourself how the poem
looked before Eliot turned it over to Pound and how it looked afterwards.

pat sloane

--part1_123.1003faf.286e3ecf_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial Narrow" LANG="0"><B>In a message dated 6/29/01 1:17:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,