To those who have commented on TSE's Romanticism:

I do not mean to offend you, but I believe that you do not understand the
term Romantic.  This is not the "I love you" romantics of today, but the
group of thinkers several hundred years ago who promoted emotion over logic
(I know to many of you this is painfully obvious and if it is I apologize).
TSE is in every way a Romantic.  He is simply more analytical.  TSE does not
truly see the world as "burning burning burning burning".  He sees the world
as a very cruel and dark place that he has been alienated from (read about
his life).  He longs to be a passionate man of action (think Lord Byron or
even Teddy Roosevelt) but always falls short.  Or at least that is what he
expresses in his poetry (I know I shouldn't say what Eliot felt, but I have
analyses that agree).  I hope now you see how Eliot is a romantic.  I feel
much the same in my life, which is what attracted me to his work.  I try to
write poetry in style similar to TSE, but right now it is not very refined.
Anyway, I hoped this help you guys understand.

Sincerely,
Thomas S.
University of Chicago

Evanescence...what a sad word