Perhaps you would be better served to look at the
Rider-Waite Tarot deck (Eliot, I think, refernces the
tarot in his footnotes to TWL), in which the Hanged
Man is often said to represent (or simply resemble)
Odin "hanging" himself (upside down, I think) to
obtain the Runes (arcane knowledge, etc.)- ie., the
sacrifice necessary to acheive wisdom.  If I recall
correctly, this is not considered a "bad" or malefic
card to receive in a reading.  The three dead
people... could be the Three of Swords ( or cups or
staves or coins- sorry, it's been a long while since
I've looked at one of these decks).  Swords, anyway,
are Bad.

Arcanely,
Sean Winkel