--part1_59.b3ad60b.2845239d_boundary

In a message dated 05/28/2001 10:02:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,=20
[log in to unmask] writes:

> The last two paragraphs were the quote from Campbell.  Besides, I don't
> care much if the term that is used is Waste Land or wasteland as long as
> the poem's title is gotten correctly. An exception is made for Kate
> because she knows what the title really is  ;-)
>=20
>=20
>=20

The Unreal City (London and the other great cities of of the world) had=20
turned into a waste land.  Thus, London is the Wasteland.  It's really I=20
suppose a matter of semantics.

"I see the Fisher King and the questor both as the poem's poetic self.
Since I see TWL as a personal poem that means Eliot.=A0 But I don't see
much of the questor actually in the poem."

The questor I believe is the third that is only seen from a distance, hooded=
=20
(What the Thunder Said).

--part1_59.b3ad60b.2845239d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>In a message dated 05/28/=
2001 10:02:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,=20