--part1_65.115f0d86.27e67fb0_boundary

In a message dated 3/18/01 3:47:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

Yes, I've discussed Jeremiah 5.6 and  related Biblical passages that mention
the same three beasts in my own chapter 8 ("A Wilderness of Lions, Wheels,
and Kingdoms"). One of the problems with the TC is that the annotation is
uneven. Very often Wicksteed (a Unitarian minister) notices only one related
Biblical passage when in fact there are several. I've suggested that Eliot
may have known the Bible better than Wicksteed did, or may have been less
pedestrian about how he read poetry.  I'd be interested in any thoughts or
general impressions you have on that.

pat

--part1_65.115f0d86.27e67fb0_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial Narrow" LANG="0"><B>In a message dated 3/18/01 3:47:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]