> > They are
> > neither male nor female in the conventional sense, but rather a third
sex,
> > which he called "Urning"--or "Uranian"--after the famous myth in Plato's
> > Symposium in which Pausanias calls love between men "the beautiful love,
the
> > Heavenly love, the love belonging to the Heavenly Muse Urania."
>
> Well, this is certainly in consonance with the Greek idea that love
between
> men was more exalted than love between men and women. But i didn't know
they
> linked it to Urania. So I stand corrected.

It could stand maybe a bit more research.  This was a quick post before bed
(early to bed, early to rise this AM).  Plato is easy to check but was this
the only (or just first) place where Urania was mentioned in this matter.  I
think from previous searches for previous Uranian posts that it was a
general belief.  Please, someone else check.  It is early to rise because
I've got lots of work in front of me today.

Regards,
   Rick Parker