The denotations seem to me the same:  there is a label; it is sticking; the
surface is the forehead;  ie., they give the same basic information with
slightly different emphases.  I think the implications are slightly different but
the "facts" referred to are not different; so the words "denote" the same
thing.  Are you using "denotation" differently from the way I am?
Nancy