Rickard Parker schrieb:

> Loreena McKennitt  has a CD called "The Book of Secrets" and on it she
> performs a song she wrote called "Dante's Prayer."  Her web site is
> http://www.quinlanroad.com/index2.html
>
> Samples of her songs (excerpts in mp3, wav and aiff formats) can be
> downloaded from: http://www.quinlanroad.com/sounds.html
>
> Or try this directly:
> http://www.quinlanroad.com/mp3s/dante.mp3
>
> Lyrics are at
> http://www.quinlanroad.com/cgi-bin/www.quinlanroad.com/lyrics.pl
>
> On the same CD she has set Alfred Noyes' "The Highwayman" to music.
>
> Regards,
>    Rick Parker

Got that CD a short while ago, dear Rick.
"The Highwayman came riding, riding, / Riding, up to the old inn door."

On her other CD, "The Visit", she did a haunting rendition of Tennyson's
"Lady of Shalott":

On either side the river lie
Large fields of barley and of rye
That clothe the wold and meet the sky
And through the filed a road runs by
To many-towered Camelot

And up abnd down the people go,
Gazing as the lillies blow
To an island down below,
The island of Shalott.

She has prompted me to memorize  the first part of the poem.

Cheers,

Gunnar

PS:
I'm glad about ANY topic that diverts the attention of the list from
TSE's *Uranian muse*... ;-)