Jon Rouse wrote:

And compare and contrast his daughter Antigone, who had every opportunity to
avoid her fate, but stubbornly refused to do so; she simply *would not do*
what she was told.  Whereas Aeneas, comparitively spinelessly, simply
ultimately did *exactly* what he was told, and never mind free will, be it
blind, or stubborn.  He had orders, and whether he liked them or not, he
carried them out.

But compare also to Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane:

Gospel of Mark, Chapter 14

35) And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that,
if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.
36) And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away
this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Regards,
   Rick Parker