--part1_e3.110c0f61.27d01e2a_boundary

In a message dated 3/1/01 11:29:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Finally, as I'd noted some time back, Urania is, today at least, regarded as
> the relevant muse by some involved in tarot. (I do not know if that was so
> in the early '20's, but I would guess it was, since tarot been popular for
> a while by then, and people were more likely to attach muses to things then
> than they are now, I suspect.)  This makes an obvious connection to TWL for
> Urania.

Tom,

I think you'll like this article about Urania and the Tarot.

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/mantegna.html

I was puzzled by sites (including the above article) that say Urania is the
12th card of the major arcana of the tarot. In the modern packs I have, 12 is
the hanged man. But I guess (see article) 12 as Urania might have been an
older arrangement.

pat

--part1_e3.110c0f61.27d01e2a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial Narrow" LANG="0"><B>In a message dated 3/1/01 11:29:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]