From: Nancy Gish <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: Form in TWL (was Re: Stetson in The Waste Land)

Richard,

As this interests you, I think you would enjoy Denise Levertov's early
discussions of poetic form.  See _New and Selected Essays_ (New York:
New Directions, 1992)--especially "Some Notes on Organic Form" and "On
the Function of the Line."  (I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with what she
says; it's just a very insightful discussion of "free vs traditional" forms
and
an alternative she calls "organic."

Even if you break up syntax, you still have sequence, by the way.
Words cannot be like pictures exactly.
Nancy