--part1_c4.11ddde10.27f3d724_boundary

Steve Marsden,

Thanks for all that good information on the dervishes, a lot of which I
didn't know. In answer to your question, I've never read anything about Eliot
taking an interest in Persian poetry or Rumi or Sufism or even Islam. But he
read so widely one never knows.

Here are a couple of web sites on the dervishes. I think there's also one
sponsored by the Turkish government, but this I couldn't find.
<A HREF="http://www.fortunecity.com/classification/topsites/English/fcpopup.html">
http://www.fortunecity.com/classification/topsites/English/fcpopup.html</A>

<A HREF="http://www.lesartsturcs.com/whirling_dervishes/jgreene.html">http://www.lesartsturcs.com/whirling_dervishes/jgreene.html</A>

--part1_c4.11ddde10.27f3d724_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial Narrow" LANG="0"><B>Steve Marsden,
<BR>
<BR>Thanks for all that good information on the dervishes, a lot of which I
<BR>didn't know. In answer to your question, I've never read anything about Eliot
<BR>taking an interest in Persian poetry or Rumi or Sufism or even Islam. But he
<BR>read so widely one never knows.
<BR>
<BR>Here are a couple of web sites on the dervishes. I think there's also one
<BR>sponsored by the Turkish government, but this I couldn't find.
<BR><A HREF="http://www.fortunecity.com/classification/topsites/English/fcpopup.html">
<BR>http://www.fortunecity.com/classification/topsites/English/fcpopup.html</A>
<BR>
<BR><A HREF="http://www.lesartsturcs.com/whirling_dervishes/jgreene.html">http://www.lesartsturcs.com/whirling_dervishes/jgreene.html</A></B></FONT></HTML>