--part1_a6.11ff38f3.27f3cf4f_boundary

In a message dated 3/28/01 3:27:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Retreating into the shadow
> Rick Seddon
> McIntosh, NM, USA

No, please don't. Just give me a simple answer to what you think form is. I
can see it's important to you in such issues as whether a Stetson is similar
to, or different from, the hats worn by the Anzacs. And I'm sure you could
give a clear explanation of how sheep differ from goats, or a barge from a
battleship...all of which are questions about form.  But what do you
understand form to be in poetry, as in your reference to  the question of
whether or not TWL is formless? Or if it was discussed in any of the lit
classes you've taken (it might not have been), how was it explained there?

pat

--part1_a6.11ff38f3.27f3cf4f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial Narrow" LANG="0"><B>In a message dated 3/28/01 3:27:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]