Indeed, I cannot see any other way to read it grammatically unless Pound
is both Urania and a midwife performing both acts.  It is quite exact
syntactically that a male Urania begat TWL on Eliot and that this being a
difficult pregnancy to get out, Pound performed the caesarean section to
remove it--there being, one presumes, no birth canal in a male mother.

Nancy