Steve and group,

I'll resubmit my post from this morning when I get home (I still
haven't seen it.)  In the meantime I'll like to say that Steve has
found yet another scholar who believes that there is something
personal behind TWL.

Anyway, that post and the following little finds of mine today tie
together in my mind.

>From the Unix fortune command displaying a random "Calvin and Hobbes" quote:

    I'm crying because out there he's gone, but he's not gone inside me.
        -- Calvin

>From http://www.ibiblio.org/zen/

    Frequently Asked Questions from alt.zen:

        "Why do people post such nonsense to this group?"

        One of the central points of Zen is intuitive understanding. As
        a result, words and sentences have no fixed meaning, and logic is
        often irrelevant. Words have meaning only in relation to who is
        using them, who they are talking to, and what situation they are
        used in. Some postings are indeed nonsense; other postings appear
        to be nonsense at first but this is because the meaning is all
        between the lines. Zen and poetry have gone hand in hand for
        centuries.

To me a lot of Eliot's work appears to be nonsense but then "Words
have meaning only in relation to who is using them, who they are
talking to, and what situation they are used in."

Regards,
   Rick Parker