Hi Rick P,

I'm getting TSE posts now, after un-subscribing & re-subscribing.  I bought
a Handel CD maybe a year ago & the liner notes said he was commissioned
write a piece for the English victory at Culloden.  I don't know if the
subject was his choice or not, but the piece in question was the oratorio
"Judas Maccabaeus" which seems a little odd.  When one compares JM with the
Duke of Cumberland, the Duke looks very unheroic.  Don't know if Handel was
saying something with the juxtaposition or just doing a job for the money.

Robert