In a message dated Tue, 20 Mar 2001  5:17:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, Meyer Robert K GS-9 99 CES/CECT <[log in to unmask]> writes:

<< Apparently PBS is going to show the Met's Tristan tomorrow night.  Can
hardly wait.  Didn't you say something about the lighting, maybe when they
drink from the cup?  What was that, Pat?  I can't remember.

Robert>>

I've heard, from someone who caught a preview of the tape, that they greatly tone done the background lighting when T&I take the love potion.

Musically, at this point, the famous and extremly dramatic "Tristan chord" and surrounding music are prominent.  This music, ombined with a sudden, bright pink backgroud, produced a bit of a comical effect.  If they've eliminated that, it's for the better I think.

Tom K