OK, this is completely and entirely off the topic. But I just finished
reading a short novel (pgs.) called The Moon and Sixpence by W. Somerset
Maugham -- it's based on the life of Paul Gauguin. I found the book
fascinating and was wondering if anyone has read the text and what they
thought of this man's writing or this particular novel. I'm so intrigued by
people willing to take off on their own to follow a creative calling. I'd
love further discussion, even if off this list as it is so off topic.

Brenda