> If you are interested in extensive previous debate on 4Q I should
recommend to
> take a look a the highly instructive List Archives. Presently they are
> inaccessible at the TSE website; however, Rick Parker, our self-professed
Duke
> of URL, knows a way to gain access to them. He will  most certainly give
you an
> address where you can look up the old posts (thank you for the trouble,
Rick!).

I don't have the address easily accessible from home but I've checked it
recently and essentially there is nothing there.  There are only a few
months of posts going to mid-December.  Greg mentioned some time ago (on
list? personal e-mail?) that the problem was disk space; there wasn't enough
to keep up with the TSE list (and others at the U of M.)

That brings me to a request, please edit posts.  Part of the reason for
using up so much space is that too many replies to posts are keeping the
entire text of all that has gone on before instead of  just keeping the
context for the reply.  The posts done in HTML take up a lot of extra space
too with the invisible tags.  Also the message body usually gets sent out
twice too, once as plain text and again latter in the e-mail as HTML.  Most
mail readers that understand HTML only show that part but with my plain text
mail reader I use at work when getting messages sent to my home I see things
twice.  I can put up with that but I just wanted to point out why we don't
have the archives available any more.

Regards,
   Rick Parker