Hi all,
First I'd like to say that I have really enjoyed
reading the subject matter and discussions posted. But
I have one question: why is there little discussion
concerning the 4Q? In my opinion (and it is only my
opinion), Eliot's 4Qs are his best works, with the
Hollow Men following close behind.  I find that I can
spend hours reading, re-reading and thinking about the
timeless questions posed in these poems.
I only raise this because I am about to commence a
thesis on BN, and have been thinking about the
function of the bird: does the bird function as a
protagonist, or a mediator between worlds, the Holy
Spirit (as I have read from one commentator, I can't
remember which one but it was published in the late
60s), inspiration either in the poem or in the poet's
mind, or merely an extension of the garden.
I would be really interested to hear comments from the
rest of the list.
Thanks,
Beth

http://calendar.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Calendar
- Access your appointments and meetings online.