--part1_40.8f7b931.27e6f673_boundary

In a message dated 3/18/01 11:29:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> First of all, about the article itself. I often re-read complex pieces
> because I find I miss details in the first readings. So I was re-reading an
> article by (don't hit me for this, Pat) William Arrowsmith called "Daedal
> Harmonies: A Dialogue on Eliot and the Classics" in The Southern Review,
> January 1977, vol XIII, number 1.

Actually, Arrowsmith is interesting, and I wouldn't have known about him had
you not sent me the material. So thanks for that. If I was overly resistant
at first, please forgive and realize it's because I'm slow witted. Sometimes
I have to think about something for a while before it sinks in.

On what would drive me to hit you: I haven't hit a little boy since I was
eight, though I must admit I clobbered that kid good. If there's a strong
feeling that the list ought to have a dominatrix, and that it ought to be me,
send along the designer whips and black leather,  and  (sigh) I'll see what I
can do...at least until Christopher Tidwell drops the other shoe.

best,

pat

--part1_40.8f7b931.27e6f673_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial Narrow" LANG="0"><B>In a message dated 3/18/01 11:29:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,