:

LISTSERV Archives

MOBIRDS-L Home

MOBIRDS-L  July 2019, Week 3

MOBIRDS-L July 2019, Week 3

all quiet on the city rookery front

Maureen Thomas-Murphy <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 18 Jul 2019 18:42:54 -0500

text/plain

Hey all,
I took pictures of the trees at Westminster Place from 9:45am-1:00pm today.  Aside from the cheeping of all of those baby birds, it was very quiet.  I saw no indication that any more trees had been cut.

The numbers of great egrets seems to be increasing.  Some of the chicks are getting quite large.   Are they considered fledged once they have left the actual nest but are still in the tree?

Take it easy out there,
Maureen
St Louis