]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

TSE Home

TSE  November 2017

TSE November 2017

Re: Hemingway on Eliot and Conrad; Flora on Eliot and Hemingway

"Cox, Carrol" <[log in to unmask]>

T. S. Eliot Discussion forum.

Sun, 26 Nov 2017 18:45:10 +0000

text/plain

The following citation is by memory.

Published in the early 50s, ed. Peter (?) Russell (?), a collection of essays on Pound. It contains a short piece by Hemingway in which he names Stein & Pound as helpful critics of his work. Pound's comments were either correct or clearly wrong; Stein was never wrong.

It's been nearly 60 years since I read this & my memory is not very trustworthy.

Carrol