]

:

LISTSERV Archives

MOBIRDS-L Home

MOBIRDS-L  May 2016, Week 5

MOBIRDS-L May 2016, Week 5

Re: St. Louis bird sightings-NO SIGHTINGS

Hilda Adams <[log in to unmask]>

Hilda Adams <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 31 May 2016 22:41:04 -0500

text/plain

I am an intermediate birder and used to enjoy participating in MOBIRDS. No longer.

I knew that birding ethics were not followed in the sighting of the  Painted Bunting.  And I did not interpret the posting of its sighting as any endorsement of the finder's methods. I do not agree with the methods but I was interested in learning that the bird was present in our area.

More than once I have found that Mr. Prather's posts make me feel uncomfortable. This incident is not the first time.

MOBIRDS should be fun but the nasty tone of several posts by Mr. Prather have taken the fun out of it for me. None have been directed at me but I still find them distressing. Personally, I hesitate to post anything out of concern that I will be verbally ridiculed as naive or incompetent.

It's a shame. I really enjoyed MOBIRDS but the nasty tone has spoiled it for me.

Hilda Chaski Adams
Saint Louis City
Saint Francois County

opening