]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

TSE Home

TSE  August 2015

TSE August 2015

Re: Reading Between the Lines: Liminal Spaces in the works of T.S. Eliot - by Jonathon Dey

P <[log in to unmask]>

T. S. Eliot Discussion forum.

Thu, 20 Aug 2015 15:43:02 -0700

text/plain

I will confess to only a quick scan of the article with intentions for a careful read when time allows. Nonetheless, I was excited to see ideas I had not seen in a long time.

As to McLuhan,  he is on record as seeing ad men as artists esp in that they are creators of tremendous effects, one of the techniques for which is the resonant interval,  as,  say,  exemplified in women's net stockings,  esp.  the ones with wide sections within the net, which expose a lot of flesh. The interval is between the net & the flesh. Catch it?
✋
P.