]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GERMAN-CFP-L Home

GERMAN-CFP-L  January 2014

GERMAN-CFP-L January 2014

Call for Submissions: EDGE - A Graduate Journal for German and Scandinavian Studies (Deadline: February 15, 2014)

"Schmidt, Olaf" <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 26 Jan 2014 16:11:04 +0000

text/plain

EDGE: A Graduate Journal for German and Scandinavian Studies is
currently accepting submissions for its 2014 edition. We are seeking
original scholarly research as well as book and film reviews written
by graduate students.

EDGE is a peer-reviewed, open access, interdisciplinary graduate
student journal. The journal is published annually under the direction
of graduate students in the German and Scandinavian Studies program at
the University of Massachusetts Amherst with the support of the W.E.B.
Du Bois Library.

We welcomes article submissions from all disciplines with a connection
to German and Scandinavian Studies, including but not limited to
comparative literature, cultural studies, history, film and media
studies and philology. The deadline to be considered for the next
publication is Saturday, February 15, 2014.

Learn more about EDGE and submit papers electronically at our website:
http://scholarworks.umass.edu/edge/

Selection of books available for review (see our website for more titles):

Terézia Mora. Das Ungeheuer. München: Luchterhand, 2013. (German book
prize 2013)
Sebastian Heiduschke. East German Cinema: DEFA and Film History. New
York: Palgrave, 2013.
Peggy Piesche. Euer Schweigen nützt Euch nichts: Audre Lorde und die
Schwarze Frauenbewegung in Deutschland. Berlin: Orlanda Frauenverlag,
2012.
Konrad Jarausch. United Germany: Debating Processes and Prospects. New
York/Oxford: Berghahn, 2013.
Sag mal: An Introduction to German Language and Culture. Boston: Vista
Higher Learning, 2013.

If you are interested in reviewing one of these books, please contact
the editors [log in to unmask] and include a copy of your CV.

If you are an advanced graduate student or new professional (5 years
or less in the field) and are interested in serving as a peer reviewer
of articles, please email a copy of your CV and a list of your
research specialties to the editors at [log in to unmask]

We would appreciate it if you would forward this CfP to other graduate
students who might be interested! See also attached flyer.

Thanks and best wishes,

Katrin Bahr
Co-Editor
PhD student / Doktorandin