]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GERMAN-CFP-L Home

GERMAN-CFP-L  September 2011

GERMAN-CFP-L September 2011

CFP: South Central Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies - Panoramas and Prospects (February 23-25, 2012, Asheville, NC, Deadline: October 31, 2011)

"Schmidt, Olaf" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 19 Sep 2011 00:14:23 -0500

text/plain

South Central Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies

The South Central Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies invites you to join us for the 2012 annual conference, which will be held in Asheville, North Carolina, at the historic Grove Park Inn Resort and Spa in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains on February 23-25.  Inspired by the mountainous landscape and rich cultural heritage of the region, this year’s theme will be “Panoramas and Prospects.”  We welcome panels and individual papers that address this topic or anything relevant to the interdisciplinary study of the long eighteenth century.  The deadline for proposals is October 31, 2011.

Proposals for papers and full panels that explore the conference theme:

We welcome proposals for papers and full panels that explore the topics of panoramas and prospects.  Please see the website http://www.etsu.edu/cas/litlang/scsecs/  for the Current List of Panels, including contact information for panel chairs.  http://www.etsu.edu/cas/litlang/scsecs/proposals/panel.aspx
Proposals for papers should be submitted to those panel chairs no later than October 31, 2011.  Abstracts should be approximately 250-300 words; please include your school affiliation and email address.

Proposals for papers that explore other topics and proposals for full panels:

We also invite proposals for individual papers and full panels that explore other topics.  Click here for the CFP.  Please submit these proposals no later than October 31, 2011, to Phyllis Thompson at [log in to unmask]  Proposals may also be sent via the USPS at East Tennessee State University, Department of Literature and Language, P.O. Box 70683, Johnson City, TN 37614.  Proposals for papers should be 250-300 words; please include your school affiliation and email address with your submission.  Submission for full panels should include a brief overview of the panel’s purpose and a short abstract of each paper; please provide the affiliation and electronic contact information for the panel’s chair as well as for each presenter.

For more information about conference events, travel information, and hotel accommodations, please visit the SCSECS 2012 website: http://www.etsu.edu/cas/litlang/scsecs/
Be sure to bookmark us for easy access, later.
We look forward to seeing you in Asheville!