]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GLOBAL-L Home

GLOBAL-L  July 2011

GLOBAL-L July 2011

Re: Spain: Right to be forgotten v right to know?

HUNTER Mark <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 8 Jul 2011 10:06:25 +0200

text/plain

There is a similar legal right in France: "amnesty" of judicial condemnations after ten years.
I do think people should get a second chance, so sometimes I "amnesty" people on my own.
I do not think that official records should be closed or altered.
If it is not illegal, someone should download that whole DB before it is closed.
Best to all

Mark Lee Hunter
Adjunct Professor and Senior Research Fellow, INSEAD
Docteur en Sciences de l'Information de l'Université de Paris 2
Portable: (+33) [0]6 27 81 00 87